DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
This flavorful hot appetizer spread is made extra special with the
addition of Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage, roasted peppers and three cheeses.
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed, softened
- ½ cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Roasted red pepper strips for garnish (optional)
- 1 pkg. (16 ounces) cocktail rye bread for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook sausage, shallots and garlic in large
saucepan over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is
thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage mixture
2. Add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and chopped peppers; mix well.
Spoon into 9-inch pie plate or shallow ovenproof dish; sprinkle with
3. Bake 15 minutes or until spread is thoroughly
heated and mozzarella is melted and lightly browned. Garnish with
pepper strips, if desired.
4. Serve with bread.
Substitute green onions for the shallots.
Makes: 24 servings (about 2 tablespoons each)