DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
Any time a recipe calls for caramelizing, you know it's a good one, and this is no exception. This easy breakfast recipe serves Jimmy Dean® Hearty Sausage Crumbles, potatoes, apples, and hash, all topped with fried eggs. Cue applause.
- 2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 small Gala apples, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups Jimmy Dean® Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 fried eggs
Black pepper, to taste
1. Place potatoes in medium saucepan. Add enough water to cover potatoes by about 1 inch. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in sugar. Add apples; cook 8-10 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring frequently. Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm.
3. Cook sausage and onion in same skillet over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes or until sausage is hot and onion is tender, stirring frequently; drain.
4. Drain potatoes. Add to sausage with apples; mix well. Top with eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
Substitute 2cups Jimmy Dean® Hot Pork Sausage Roll, cooked, drained for crumbles.
Makes: 4 servings