DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
Here's an appetizer recipe that's good as gold: Jimmy Dean® Golden Sausage Egg Rolls. Made with Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage and finely chopped ginger and garlic, it's a delicious way to start any meal.
- ½ pkg. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll (8 ounces)
- 1 bag (16 oz.) coleslaw blend
- 1 tablespoon finely
- chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
- 13 egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Suggested dipping sauces
- Spicy mustard
- Sweet-and-sour sauce
- Soy sauce
1. Cook sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return to skillet. Add coleslaw blend, ginger, garlic, pepper and salt; mix well. Cool slightly.
2. Beat egg white and cornstarch in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Spoon 1/3 cup sausage mixture onto center of each egg roll wrapper; brush edges of wrapper lightly with egg wash. Fold in opposite sides of each wrapper, then roll up tightly.
3. Heat 3 inches oil in large deep skillet or deep fryer on medium-high heat to 375°F.
4. Add egg rolls in batches; cook 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with desired dipping sauce.
Makes: 13 servings (1 egg roll each)