DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
Warm up on a cold winter day with a serving of this creamy potato soup. Seasoned with Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage, potatoes and fresh thyme, it's sure to hit the spot!
- 3 baking potatoes (1 pound), baked
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll, cooked, crumbled, drained
- 3 cups milk
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel potatoes; cut into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
2. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and thyme; cook 4 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
3. Add potatoes and sausage. Gradually stir in milk. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
Cook’s Tip: For best results, use russet potatoes. Scrub potatoes well. Prick potatoes with a fork so steam can escape. Bake at 425°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
Makes: 6 servings (1½ cups each)