DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
Finally—a pizza where the crust is up to you! Bake Jimmy Dean® Sausage Crumbles with pizza sauce and cheese, and serve with your favorite dipping option like pita chips or French bread.
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed, softened
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 cup Jimmy Dean® Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles
1 cup pizza sauce
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
Chopped green pepper and sliced olives (optional)
Toasted French bread slices, pita chips for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine cream cheese, basil and garlic salt mixing with an electric mixer until well blended. Spread on the bottom of a glass pie plate.
2. Combine sausage crumbles and pizza sauce in a medium bowl. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. Bake 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Top with green pepper and olives, if desired.
4. Serve with bread and chips.
12 servings (about 2 tablespoons each)