DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
Impress sports fans and party guests alike with this taco dip. The secret ingredient? Jimmy Dean® Original Fully Cooked Pork Sausage Patties!
- 12 Jimmy Dean® Original Fully Cooked Pork Sausage Patties (1/2 of 30-ounce pkg.), coarsely chopped
1 pkg. (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning mix
3/4 cup water
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained, rinsed
1 cup guacamole (optional)
1 cup sour cream
¼ cup salsa
6 green onions, chopped
2 cups finely shredded lettuce
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 tomato, seeded, chopped Tortilla chips for serving Additional salsa (optional)
1. Mix sausage, seasoning mix and water in large nonstick skillet. Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool 10 minutes.
2. Spread sausage mixture onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate; cover with beans. Top with guacamole, if desired.
3. Mix sour cream and salsa until well blended; spread over guacamole. Top with onions, lettuce, cheese and tomato.
4. Serve with chips and additional salsa, if desired. Cook’s Tip: Substitute 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Original Hearty Pork Sausage Crumbles for the chopped sausage patties.
Makes: 8 cups or 64 servings (2 tablespoons each)