DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, so why not get your apple first
thing in the morning? Featuring apples, Jimmy Dean® Maple Flavor Pork
Sausage and mild cheddar cheese, this morning casserole is sure to
start your day off right!
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Maple Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup all-purpose baking mix
- 1/3 cup coarsely grated, peeled Granny Smith apple
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook pecans in small skillet over medium-high
heat 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring constantly. Place
in large bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients; mix just until blended.
3. Shape into 36
(1-inch) balls; place in single layer in 2 lightly greased shallow
4. Bake 12-14 minutes or until done (160°F). Serve with
It is easiest to mix the ingredients using your hands. Mix just until
the dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
Sausage balls can be shaped ahead of time and frozen. When ready to
serve, heat oven to 375°F. Place frozen balls on lightly greased baking
sheet. Bake 16-18 minutes or until done (160°F).
Meatballs can also be cooked in a skillet. Place half the sausage balls
in large skillet; cook over medium heat 15-17 minutes or until done
(160°F), turning frequently. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
Repeat with remaining sausage balls.
Makes: 18 servings (2 balls each)