DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
Pizza comes in an incredibly edible form in these pizza pockets spiced up with Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage and pizza sauce.
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll, cooked, crumbled, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refrigerated jumbo biscuits (16 biscuits)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine sausage, mozzarella cheese, green
pepper, onion, ⅓ cup pizza sauce and garlic powder in large bowl.
2. Beat egg and water in small bowl with wire whisk or fork until well
blended. Press or roll out each biscuit on lightly floured surface to
5-inch circle. Spoon rounded 2 tablespoons sausage mixture onto center
of each biscuit. Brush edges lightly with egg wash; fold in half. Press
edges together to seal. Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking
spray. Brush tops with remaining egg wash; sprinkle with Parmesan
cheese and oregano.
3. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, heat remaining
4. Serve pizza pockets with sauce.
Makes: 16 servings (1 pizza pocket each)