DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
Satisfy the meat-and-potato lovers in your family with a quick and hearty soup made of chicken broth, white beans, spinach, potatoes, bacon and Jimmy Dean® Sausage Crumbles.
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles
2 slices Jimmy Dean® Fully Cooked Thick Sliced Maple Bacon, cooked, crumbled
2 cups frozen O’Brien potatoes with onions and peppers
2 cups chicken broth, divided
2 cans (15 ounces each) Great Northern beans or white beans, drained, divided
1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup milk
Salt to taste
1. Combine sausage, bacon, potatoes, 1 cup chicken broth, 1 can of beans, Italian seasoning and lemon pepper in a large saucepan.
2. Place remaining can of drained beans and chicken broth in a blender container; cover and process until smooth. Stir into sausage mixture.
3. Bring soup to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach and milk. Cook for 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
4. Season to taste with salt, if desired. Serve in bowls.
6 servings (about 1 cup each)