DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
Perfect for game time, party time, or any time, these puffy treats serve up a double-kick of jalapeno peppers and Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage.
- 1 pkg. Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped, seeded jalapeno peppers
- 4 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg. (17.3 oz.) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 36 medium slices pickled jalapeno peppers, drained and patted dry
In a large skillet, cook sausage and onions over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until meat is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink. Stir in chopped fresh jalapenos. Drain mixture well in a colander. Return mixture to skillet and stir in cream cheese; mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Unfold a pastry sheet and cut each into 3 equal strips lengthwise. Cut each strip into 3 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally. Before filling each triangle, press to enlarge slightly, then moisten edges with water. Place 2 teaspoons filling in the center of each triangle. Top filling with one jalapeno slice. Bring the points of the triangle together over the filling, twisting at the top to seal. Use fingers to pinch edges of dough together, or allow sides to remain open. Preheat oven to 400 F. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet and filling. Bake 16-18 minutes, or until dough puffs and browns.
Makes 36 puffs