DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
Simply top toasted French bread with garlic, lemon zest, feta cheese and Jimmy Dean® Sausage Crumbles for an party or potluck appetizer as delicious as it looks.
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) French bread, cut into 36 slices
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles
- 1 can (15-ounces) Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place bread slices on 1-2 baking sheets; spray tops with cooking spray. Bake 6 - 8 minutes or until bread is toasted. Remove and cool.
2. Cook and stir sausage in a large skillet over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until hot. Stir in green onions, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic; rosemary and red pepper, if desired. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until hot. Stir in feta cheese; remove from heat.
3. Top bread slices with about 2 tablespoons sausage mixture; serve immediately.
18 servings (2 bruschetta’s each)