DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
You've had black bean soup. Now try it Jimmy Dean® style. This unique recipe features Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage and assorted veggies for a delicious take on a classic recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll, cooked, crumbled, drained
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
1. Melt butter with oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onions and celery; cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
2. Add sausage, beans, broth, salt and black pepper; stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. Pour into blender in batches; blend until smooth, pouring each batch of pureed soup into serving bowl.
3. Top individual servings of soup with sour cream and red pepper.
Makes: 8 servings (about 1 cup each)