DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
Take stuffing to a whole new level by preparing it with toasted crumbled cornbread, cooked Jimmy Dean® Sage Flavor Pork Sausage, celery and onions. Whether served at a weeknight meal, or at your next Thanksgiving celebration, it is sure to command a repeat performance.
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Sage Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Cook sausage, celery and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Spoon into large bowl.
2. Add cornbread, parsley and seasoning; mix lightly. Add broth and egg; mix just until blended. Stir in pecans, if desired.
3. Spoon into lightly greased 2-quart casserole or soufflé dish; cover.
4. Bake 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated, uncovering after 35 minutes.
Cook’s Tips: For the 4 cups crumbled cornbread needed to prepare this recipe, bake 1 pkg. (8.5 ounces) corn muffin mix according to the package directions for the pan of cornbread. Cool, then coarsely crumble. To toast the crumbled cornbread, preheat oven to 400°F. Spread the cornbread onto bottom of large shallow baking pan. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring after 5 minutes.
Makes: 8 servings (1 cup each)