DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
The unexpected flavors of mango chutney, feta cheese and Jimmy Dean® Hot Sausage Crumbles make this homemade pizza an easy winner.
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in half, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Hearty Hot or Original Sausage Crumbles
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 1 pkg. (14 ounces) Italian pizza crust (12- inch)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion cook and stir for 7-8 minutes or until onion starts to brown. Add sausage; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until sausage is hot and onions are caramelized.
3. Spread chutney on pizza crust to within 1-inch from edge. Spoon sausage mixture onto crust. Sprinkle evenly with feta cheese.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is warmed and cheese is soft. Sprinkle cilantro over pizza. Cut pizza into 8 slices.
Cook’s Tip: If mango chutney is not available substitute apricot preserves.
4 servings (2 slices each)