1. Preheat oven to 500°F. Cook sausage, celery, apples and onion in
large stockpot over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is
thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Return to stockpot. Remove from
2. Add stuffing mix, apple juice, cranberries and egg; mix just
3. Unfold meat on work surface to flatten. Cover with 4 cups of the
stuffing; press lightly into meat. Starting at 1 long side, carefully
roll up meat; tie in 3 places with kitchen string to hold meat
together. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; place, seam-side down, in
lightly greased baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, spoon remaining stuffing into lightly greased 2-quart
baking dish; cover with foil.
5. Add reserved stuffing to oven. Reduce
oven to 400°F. Bake meat and stuffing 40-50 minutes or until internal
temperature of meat is 155°F; let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Serve meat with the additional baked stuffing.
Cook’s Tips: If you don’t have a stockpot or large pan, cook the
sausage, celery, apples and onion in a skillet. Pour mixture over
stuffing mix in a large bowl; add remaining ingredients and toss
lightly to combine. Bake as directed.
If you don’t want to serve the additional stuffing right away, cool
stuffing then refrigerate up to 2 days. Reheat just before serving.
Makes: 10 servings (1/8 recipe each)