DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
Mix peppers, tomatoes, rice and Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage with Cajun seasoning and your family will be scraping the saucepan for seconds!
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
1. Cook sausage in large saucepan over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return to pan. Add green pepper and yellow onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in tomatoes, broth, rice, Cajun seasoning and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 35-40 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
3. Stir in green onions. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes before serving.
Makes: 6 servings (about 1¼ cups each)