DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
Featuring Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage, these easy-to-make appetizers are sure to become a new party favorite.
- 2 pounds large mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed, softened
- ¾ cup dry Italian bread crumbs, divided
- ½ cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Finely chop enough mushroom stems to measure 1 cup; discard any remaining stems. Place mushroom caps, rounded-sides down, in lightly greased shallow baking pans.
2. Cook sausage, chopped stems and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return to skillet. Add cream cheese, ½ cup bread crumbs, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and parsley; mix well. Spoon into mushroom caps.
3. Combine remaining bread crumbs, remaining Parmesan cheese and oil; sprinkle over mushrooms.
4. Bake 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and stuffing is lightly browned.
Makes: about 50 servings (1 stuffed mushroom each)