DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
What’s better than delicious fall acorn squash? How about fall acorn squash stuffed with soft bread crumbs, dried cranberries, and Jimmy Dean® Sausage? Why wait? Try this flavorful recipe tonight.
- 2 medium acorn squash, cut lengthwise in half, seeded
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Hot Pork Sausage Roll
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1½ cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup packed baby spinach, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
1. Place squash, cut-sides down, in 13x9-inch microwaveable dish; cover. Microwave on HIGH 10-12 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, cook sausage and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return to skillet. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
3. Turn squash halves over; fill with sausage mixture. Microwave, covered, 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Cut in half to serve.
Cook’s Tip: Prepare using 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Sage or Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll.
Makes: 4 Servings