DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
Treat your family to pasta with a "bite," featuring tender pasta shells stuffed with Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage, onions, peppers, herbs and spices.
- 18 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup (about 1½ ounces) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 jar (24-26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook sausage, onion, red pepper and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain.
2. Mix ricotta, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley and oregano in large bowl. Stir in sausage mixture.
3. Drain shells; rinse with cool water. Spread 1 cup sauce onto bottom 13x9-inch baking dish. Add shells; fill each with about ¼ cup of the sausage mixture. Cover with remaining sauce, and remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Cover.
4. Bake 50 minutes or until shells are thoroughly heated and cheese is melted and lightly browned, uncovering after 30 minutes.
Cook’s Tips: Substitute green bell pepper for the red bell pepper. Prepare using 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Sage Flavor or Hot Pork Sausage Roll.
Makes: 6 servings (3 stuffed shells each)