DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
Put a southwestern spin on traditional pizza with black beans, roasted bell pepper, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and Jimmy Dean® Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles. It’ll have your taste buds screaming, olé!
- 1 pkg. (14 ounces) whole wheat pizza crust (12-inch)
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup roasted bell pepper strips
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup sliced ripe black olives
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce and sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Cook and stir sausage and chili powder in a large skillet over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until sausage is hot.
3. Spoon sausage over crust. Top with black beans, bell pepper, tomato, olives, and green onion; sprinkle with cheese.
4. Bake for10-12 minutes or until crust is crispy and cheese is lightly browned. Cut each pizza into 8 slices. Serve with lettuce and sour cream, if desired.
8 servings (2 slices each)