DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
Having guests the entire Thanksgiving weekend? Here’s a quick brunch dish that uses what you already have on hand—leftover stuffing. It looks elegant, but is an easy do-ahead recipe. You layer stuffing with Jimmy Dean Hearty Sausage Crumbles and cheese, and top with beaten eggs. The next morning, you simply bake and serve!
- 2 cups leftover bread-cube based stuffing
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
1. Layer stuffing, Sausage Crumbles and cheese in the bottom of a lightly-greased 12x8-inch baking dish.
2. Beat eggs and milk in large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended. Pour over sausage mixture. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Cook’s Tip: Prepare using Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor or Hot Pork Sausage Roll, cooked, drained for Hearty Sausage Crumbles
Makes: 6 servings (1 slice each)