DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE RECIPES.
This cheesy crustless pizza, made with Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage, is oh-so-fun, and easy, to make! And since it makes 12 servings, it’s the perfect recipe to serve a crowd of hungry kids.
- 2 pkgs. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cups chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1¼ cups flour, divided
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (2 ounces) grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook sausage, onions, green pepper, basil and fennel seeds in large skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage mixture to skillet.
2. Stir in ¼ cup flour. Add tomato sauce; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Pour into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish; top with mozzarella cheese.
3. Beat eggs, milk, oil and salt in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Gradually stir in remaining 1 cup flour. Add Parmesan cheese; mix well. Pour over ingredients in baking dish.
4. Bake 28-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 12 squares to serve.
Makes: 12 servings (1 square each)